PRT guidance from infancy to adulthood
One of the most respected and widely used autism interventions, Pivotal Response Treatment uses natural learning opportunities to modify key behaviors in children—leading to widespread positive effects on communication, behavior, and social skills. Now the pioneering experts behind PRT have created a comprehensive modern guide to this research-based approach, completely reworked and revised for today's therapists, educators, and parents.
Strengthened with new research and more step-by-step guidance, this bestselling PRT guidebook is now reorganized to support children on their whole developmental trajectory, from infancy through adulthood. New and revised chapters cover critical topics—including assessment, self-management, and life beyond the classroom—and the book's down-to-earth, accessible style ensures that all readers can grasp PRT principles and apply them effectively. With this proven approach backed by more than 25 years of research, professionals and families will support children with autism as they enjoy more positive interactions, more effective communication, and higher academic achievement.
USE THE PROVEN PRT APPROACH TO:
- advance children's communication and language skills, even in extremely challenging cases
- aid early identification and intervention
- improve children's motivation and performance in school
- foster friendships with peers during play dates and other social interactions
- increase positive behavior by combining functional assessment and self-management strategies
- decrease disruptive behavior
- help young adults make a smooth transition to college, career, and community life
PRACTICAL MATERIALS: Each chapter features learning goals, key insights to remember, and helpful study questions (also available online to download and print).
New and completely reworked chapters on:
- Working with infants and toddlers
- Linking strengths-based assessment to treatment planning
- Improving adolescents' communication and social skills
- Teaching parents how to implement PRT
- Combining functional behavioral assessment and self-management strategies
- Helping young adults succeed in college and the workplace
PLUS: The book is now organized by developmental stage, so you can help children from the cradle to college—and beyond!